Collisiontec Auto Body uses the Complete Dupont Chroma Refinish System. Along with DuPont's Assurance of Quality warranty, our work comes with a lifetime guarantee, for as long as you own the car! Customers often ask us how to protect the appearance and durability of their paint finish. Here are some helpful tips for proper care of your vehicle's new finish.
For the first 30 days after painting:
- Hand-wash the vehicle often, using fresh water only and automotive paint soap.
- Avoid parking under trees -- sap and bird droppings may damage the finish. (Rinse them off as soon as possible).
For the first 120 days after painting:
- To remove heavy soil, use mild liquid soap. Do not use detergent.
- Do not wax your car within 120 days after painting.
For long term paint protection:
- Park in a sheltered area whenever possible.
- Never let gasoline or antifreeze stand on painted surfaces (rinse off with water as soon as possible).
- Never wash your vehicle in the hot sun.
- Never wipe the finish with a dry cloth -- always use water.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners, chemicals or brushes (automatic car wash brushes can scratch the finish)
If your vehicle has been damaged and needs body repair or refinishing, Collisiontec Auto Body has the expertise to return it to like-new condition. Our certified body/paint technicians, quality parts and paint, and guaranteed customer satisfaction have made our shop the preferred choice for auto body repair in the Tampa Bay Area. Contact us for more information about our products and services.