Did you know that under Florida law it is your choice
where to have your vehicle fixed after an auto accident?
That’s right, it’s your choice. So have it fixed right the first time
by our professionally trained technicians at Collisiontec.
All of our repairs are backed by a Lifetime Warranty!! Call us for more details, we’re here to help.
- Take a deep breath and try to stay calm.
- Check for injuries and call an ambulance when in doubt.
- If the accident is minor, move the vehicles to a safe place and out of traffic.
- Turn your vehicles hazard lights on and use cones, warning triangles or flares for safety.
- Call the police, even if the accident is minor.
- Call us between 8am and 5pm for help! We will tow your vehicle and get you back on with your day. (After business hours, call ABC Towing & Recovery at (727) 536-1219.)
- Notify your insurance agent immediately.
- Do not sign any document unless it is for the police or for your own insurance agent.
- Make immediate notes about the accident, including specific damages to all vehicles involved, witness information and any other facts or details about the accident.
- Take photos of the entire accident scene using your cell phone.
- If the name on an auto registration is different than the driver, jot down the relationship.
- Be polite, but don’t tell anyone the accident was your fault, even if you think it was.
- State only the facts and limit your discussion of the accident to the police and your insurance agent.
- If possible, don’t leave the accident scene before the police and other drivers do.